As part of showing the production process of Animal Control: Special Creatures Unit, I thought I'd share the script format I used. The image shown above links to a PDF of page two of the first story.
Specifically, here are the features of the format I used:
- Page breaks are clearly defined (caps & underlined);
- Number of panels on the page is listed at top;
- Clearly defined breaks between panels;
- Bolding of descriptions and everything else except for dialogue;
- Dialogue/word balloons numbered sequentially on each page;
- Speaker of dialogue set off in caps and indented for easy reading;
- Underlining used to show bolding (because caps or actual bolding would be lost when converted to all caps and text for lettering);
- Contact information on every page -- the original contained my phone number as well; and
- Plenty of white space.
This is just what works for me. Everyone seems to do it a little different. Hopefully, you'll find something useful in it.